Saturday, September 18, 2010

Marchesa Spring 2011 NYC

Y'all. SO sorry for this two week posting absence. Reasons for lack of contact are bueno though. In addition to contacting 400 buyers to send my Spring 2011 look books to:
1) I hosted Fashion's Night Out at Neiman Marcus
2) I flew to NYC verrrry last minute for the Marchesa Spring 2011 show.

Both = amazetastic.

There were large shoes to be filled as the second annual Fashion’s Night Out party was held at Neimans here in Fort Worth on September 10. Fashionistas and socialites came out in droves to take part in the global initiative to celebrate and support the fashion industry, and this year’s extravaganza was a massive hit to say the least. Guests mingled over cookies and cocktails – is there any better combination? – to discuss the upcoming fall season and what it meant for the world of fashion. Once the runway show began, however, the ball was rolling, and I narrated the show alongside Neimans PR Director Marjon Zabihi. I selected forty different designers to highlight this season’s wardrobe essentials. The event was a resounding success, firmly setting its place as the one night in Fort Worth - and all over the world! - not to be missed.

Now - Marchesa. Such an amazing time that I can't even begin to say how much fun it was! Thank goodness we did not have to wait in that line. Um, no. One of my friends from college had an extra ticket when her husband decided to opt out the day before {wahoo!}, so obviously I had to go. Timeline: Amy tells me about the open seat, I book my flight at 11am, head to the airport at 3pm, land in NYC at 10pm....zzzz....wake up and head to nail and hair prettiness at 10am, gracefully scarf down gnocchi as I walk down the street at 2pm {yeah I'm kind of an amazing multi-tasker}, throw on outfit and put on makeup to be ready for car at 3pm, show at 3:30pm....take photos, drool over gorgeous gowns, tell Georgina {designer} how amazing her collection is....hop back in car at 5pm, arrive back at apartment to pick up bags and throw on sneakers at 5:30, panic about not being able to get boarding pass for flight at 7:30 out of Newark....driver can't you just go AROUND the cars? Disregard the policeman he doesn't care I swear....arrive at the airport finally {I hate that stupid tunnel}, sprint faster than any pregnant lady has ever sprinted in the history of the world through the airport.....DISTRACTED BY M&M'S! SHOOT! Stupid yellow bags get me every time. Sheridan keep running or you'll miss your flight. Sheridan keep running KEEP RUNNING! Wait...why would I keep running when I can stop and get M&M's?! Psh. Had to get the m&m's....and still made it to the gate with 2 minutes to spare :D

I included some of my favorite pictures of the show below. Loved getting one with Georgina, one of the two Marchesa designers. She was so sweet and just had a little girl a few weeks ago to boot! Doesn't she look outstanding?! {Very bottom pic}

So, please forgive me for the posting gap but it won't happen again....until I get to go to another fashion show ;)

xoxo Sheridan

Outside the Marchesa show in one of my Spring 2011 dresses.
{Style: Georgina, Color: Sugared Emerald}





I know 99% of you won't like this but it is actually amazing.





Someone will definitely have this on at the Oscar's if they know what's good for them.

Georgina and Keren, Marchesa designers, with Natasha Bedingfield.


5 comments:

  1. Wow thanks for sharing those amazing Marchesa pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are living the dream! Those Marchesa pieces are amazing. I can only imagine what they look like in person. You look fantastic in your new designs.

    Have a great week!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! Don't ask me where I'm getting the energy from...no idea! Y'all have a great week too :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello! love your blog! I'm just cruising through your blog,and I must know who your quilted leather jacket is by? I've been looking one precisely like that for ages! Thanks so much, I appreciate it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. j :: it is actually d&g! I have had it for 5 years now and love it just as much today as I did when I bought it. Such a great find! xx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails