Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Our New Addition...


...and Daisy makes the eighth member of the French household! I am not kidding when I say that our lab Dutch outweighs her by 107 pounds!! We found her at the Humane Society {best place to get an animal as far as I am concerned!} and she appears to be roughly 6 months old, part Chihuahua, part Miniature Whippet, and 100% snuggly...



p.s. for those of you in the North Texas area, if you did not hear about it on the news a puppy mill breeder died and left 90+ dogs behind in horrible conditions. Roughly 30 of these dogs still need homes so if you have the space in your home {or just some space in your heart!} visit the HSNT website or call the Lancaster location where they are being taken care of at 817.332.4768 for more information on these sweet darling animals. Please, don't EVER buy a puppy from a pet store as it only perpetuates the horrible puppy mill industry!

15 comments:

  1. Sooooo cute!!!!!! Congrats on the new addition to your family!! I love my pups soo much! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't agree more! There are just TOO many mistreated, unwanted sweet furbabes out there :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. that makes me so mad when I hear about puppies being raised in God awful conditions!! Wish I lived in Texas, I would get one today:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am such an advocate against puppy mills. i freak out when any ones mentions buying anything from a pet store that sells dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's refreshing to see someone with a big heart! I'm all about the humane society too! You really can find any type of dog at a shelter...even "pure" breds.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pound dogs are the best. We had a lovely friend from the pound for about fourteen years. We are still in grief after we lost him two years ago. They give so much love. I always admire people who buy from the pound rather than a pet-shop. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO cute! I had to go back and look at the first pic because I totally missed her in the pic with Dutch!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. aww congrats! and good for you! puppy mills are awful so i am glad you went to the pound. xoxo jillian:: cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on your new addition. You have a huge heart, Sheridan!

    ReplyDelete
  10. omg sheridan, wish i lived in TX so I could pick one up. the 8th member of the french fam is soooo super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable!! Is that a corded phone?

    ReplyDelete
  12. What's a corded phone?? A phone with a cord? Yes it is....

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so much for rescuing rather than buying - rescue dogs are the best!!! Love you even more now :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh my goodness! when i first looked at this photo, all i saw was the big dog. and when you said your OTHER pooch outweighs your new addition by 100 lbs, i was like wow, that must be a huge dog! it took a second glance to see miss daisy! makes more sense! how fun! thanks for rescuing dogs in need (and for your fun blog too!)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh I didn't even see her at first! So cute! I'd love to adopt a dog sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails