Wednesday, November 2, 2011

How I Wore It :: Black Tie and Pregnant - Round 2!


So I guess my How I Wore It posts are going to be featuring a lot of maternity wear until next spring ;)

We had a black tie event this past weekend and with my new crazy blonde hair I wanted to do something different for my outfit. I mean, I always try to do something different, but I just wasn't even feeling like I wanted to wear a gown. I decided to go the actual black-tie route...with some rhinestones and hot pink thrown in, of course. 

Blazer - Zara :: Tuxedo Shirt - J.Crew :: Bow Tie - J.Crew :: Black Pants - Gap :: Shoes - Prada :: Clutch - Prada

I mean I don't even think I look like the same person with blonde hair!! Confession: It's already back to brown. I went to Target {my hair stylist is going to kill me when she reads this} and did a box dye this weekend. I just had to and couldn't wait for the whole process of low lights and more low lights and slowly getting it back to brown. I make rash decisions ;) Story of my life!! But after watching videos on YouTube for about 30 minutes of how to dye blonde hair brown, I felt like an expert. Obviously people on YouTube know everything.

Our special shoes for the evening. Mine, Prada, his, Stubbs & Wootton

Biz might be a bit cranky when he sees I put this photo up of him. {even though I got full 110% cooperation while taking this picture and he was totally aware it was even being taken, obviously} I just LOVE his tux jacket and pocket square - both Etro. I mean, plum velvet - hello. I die every time he wears it. And he's just so darn handsome that I like to throw in a photo of him every once in a while :)))


20 comments:

  1. congrats on bebe #3 pretty girl! and wow, the hair drama- you sound just like me. i have done the "brown to blonde back to brown" so many times i can't even count!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute look!

    whitney
    seeshopeatdo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your outfit! And I have to agree...I like you better with brown hair :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the look... and great call on dying it back ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the bright fuchsia blazer, and the pregnant black tie. So fun. Also love Biz's velvet tux jacket. Perfect match :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sheridan- This is THE cutest outfit ever! Obsessed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look amazing - i Love the pink-tie-sequin-maternity look!!! Congratulations also of babe 3!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sheridan--congratulations! You look beyond amazing in your pregnant black tie. Love that hot pink jacket, the bow tie, the pants--okay, really EVERYTHING about your look! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. great outfit! yay, can't wait to see more preggo outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'll take the female cut version of Biz's jacket please. I mean really? Plum velvet? I DIE

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the outfit (both of you)!!! You make such a lovely couple! Congratulations on your growing family- so exciting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your hubby looks like Mr. Schu on Glee!! Love your outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look precious as always. I love that you went "black tie" to the black tie! I may have to be a copy cat for an upcoming event. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. You look great and CONGRATS!!! Quick question...what's your opinion on dyeing hair while pregnant? Is there a certain type that you used? I'm so torn on the subject so thought you'd have some insight :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey Juliet :) Typically I don't do it, or very minimally. To be honest with you I totally forgot I was even pregnant when making this appointment, and I got there and thought, uh oh....but I figured since I don't do it regularly it is fine. I think the more chemicals you avoid while pregnant the better is a good rule of thumb! Anything that goes in you or on your skin goes straight into your body, which is right to the baby, so if at all possible, I feel natural and organic everything is best.

    ReplyDelete
  16. the friendship bracelets you like/posted about are on sale at Anthropologie for $20! FYI. Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ahhh Congratulations!! I am so happy for you and your beautiful family, such exciting news! You look fabulous as always in your outfit (I especially love the shoes!) I will be looking forward to all of your updates xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  18. OBSESSED with that bowtie!!! #iWANT. Might be one of my favorite looks you've ever worn :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. You look fabulous! I am missing the days when a little tummy looked cute. Now it just look like I need to work out more.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Did you add the rhinestones yourself? I totally want to try this, but do not want it to look tacky. Tips please!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails